IKARIADANCE summer Project 2017
Greek traditional dance & culture
Dance culture workshops with :
Christiana KATSAROU (Ikaria)
Christos THEOLOGOS (Asia Minor)
Efthymios EVANGELOU (Samos)
Yanis PLAGIOTAKIS &
Nikos KOUFAKIS (Crete)
Vangelis TSAROUCHAS (Cyclades)
Ikaria is an island of the East Aegean Sea near the islands Samos, Chios, Mykonos. An island of a unique nature, a fascinating history and living traditions to explore.
The traditional local feasts (“paniyiria”), involve in a remarkable way all generations and still remain the centre of the social and cultural life in Ikaria. Recent research on the high longevity rates of the island (Blue Zones) reveals to the rest of the world what all Ikarians have known for centuries: music, dance and life with strong family and community bonds help you enjoy real life and live longer… IKARIADANCE project aims to connect dance friends from all around the world with the Ikarian values of dance and feast culture.
General Program including:
- Dance workshops: 5 hours/ day
- Culture workshop: optional workshop with traditional songs, percussion and rhythms, history –ethnography and folk traditions presentations and discussions.
- Excursions to local feasts “paniyiria”
- Music and dance evenings with local musicians
- A day excursion to enjoy the island’s nature
- Workshop of Greek Language (Greek Language Café) – levels of beginners and advanced (optional - free of charge)
SINGING WORKSHOP WITH KAITI KOULLIA SHALL BE REALISED DURING THIS IKARIADANCE WORKSHOP: MORE INFO SOON!
Deadline for the registration:
30 - 06 - 2017